Kingston’s original off-leash play group!
- Our service area for the play group is the Kingston area, including downtown and Amherstview (see map).
- The group runs Monday to Friday.
- Group walks are 1 hour long.
- Pickup and drop off are included in the price.
- Do you have more than 1 dog? We celebrate you wonderful people! There is only a small extra charge for a second dog at the same location.
Please note I do not take more than 7 dogs out at one time.
Check out some photos of our puppies at play (coming soon)
It is also important to note that the area we walk in covers several acres of property so that there is lots of room for stretching legs. All dogs are leashed well before we return to the road to have treats and return home.
- ID Tags are placed on your dog with our cell phone number before each walk
- The cell phone is carried on all off-leash walks
- Medical kit on-hand.
Play Group Rates
|1 hour off leash run||$19.00|
|Extra dog / same location||+ $3.00|
13% HST will be added to all prices at the time of billing. Prices are subject to change.
Shannon’s Play Group Experience
“I have been running my playgroup since 2000 and have taken care of all sizes and breeds of dogs. I strongly believe that every time you come in to contact with a dog you are in some way training it – for better or worse. I also believe that dogs train you just as much as you train them.
I truly understand the love these creatures give to the humans in their lives. After all they are just like children. My priority is the safety and well-being of these family members. Because of this I am very thorough in the interview process before taking dogs in to my off-leash playgroup. With more than 15 years of experience I have become very good at telling which dogs will fit in with the other current group dogs.”
Want to see the play group in action before you decide? We encourage all prospective clients to come out for a walk with us and check out all the off-leash fun we have during the play group.
In order to join the playgroup, your dog should meet the following requirements:
- Your dog must be a Medium or Large breed. For safety reasons we do not take little dogs. Also there are some medium and large breed exclusions that are in place. Breed restrictions are in place because we want to ensure that all of my group dogs return home to their families happy and safe.
- If your dog is over the age of 3, he or she should have some off-leash experience with fairly good recall (comes back when called).
- Dogs less than 3 years of age but over 6 months are welcome as long as they are spayed or neutered. Work will be done on recall for dogs of this age.
- All standard shots and medications are up-to-date.
- Your dog gets along with most other dogs and enjoys running with a pack.
- Your dog is basically people-friendly.
We are a pack of dogs that run without pack mentality. For the owner, this means that when you take your dog on an off-leash walk they behave appropriately when approaching other dogs.
This is not to say that because your pet may have some minor ‘issues’ that your dog is unwelcome in the play group. Some examples of these issues are:
- Does your dog like to sniff a lot (taking their time on a stroll)?
- Does your dog sometimes bark at people without dogs?
- Is your dog a little rough with other dogs?
We have been successful in correcting these types of behavior.
If you feel that your dog has more challenging problems, we can discuss these and see what can be done to correct the behavior.
Hours of operation
|Monday to Friday||8:00 am – 7:00 pm (phone answered)|
|Saturday & Sunday||9:00 am – 1:00 pm (phone answered)|
Sign up for our play group today!
Contact us to schedule your FREE initial consultation and we will set up an appointment at your convenience to meet with you and your pet(s). We will discuss and determine all of the services that would best suit your needs and gather important information about your pet.